Thursday, November 02, 2006

New Pump

I just got done with my training for my new insulin pump. I have, for almost 7 years, been on the Disetronic and now am on the Minimed. Compared to the Minimed the Disetronic is like using syringes, it is that much better. I was able to program all of my info like target blood sugar range, bolus amounts, and correction factor. THEN, the best part is I use the new meter and, Donald said it is "blue tooth technology"?????, and it automatically shows in my pump and figures based on all my specs how much insulin to give. Now I know most of you have no idea what all this means, but it is so much better than my old insulin pump and will allow for tighter control, which I need!!!!

1 comments:

tleaf10 said...

I'm glad you have a new insulin thing...even though I don't know exactly what it all is, I'm sure it is helping you tremendously!