Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Random Info

Yesterday, Monday, did not start out so great, I got in the shower about 6:45 and when I went to get out I could NOT turn the water off, now this is not the first time this has happened so I played with it for a minute and then got out and told Donald I could not turn it off. He said in his most pleasant morning voice to move, after he played with it for a few minutes and could not turn it off he turned it off at the hot water heater. (We have it set lower so all we ever turn on in the shower is the hot). So at about 7 I called one of my GREAT insureds and she had a plumber there by 7:45, I guess that is one of the perks of my job is dealing with contractors that need me to do things for them, it was easy to have the favor returned. So my Dad came down and sat while they replaced the fixtures that were apparently stripped, all fixed by 10.

I have been having a lot of pain in my right hip and leg. When I was pregnant with Amelia I had a lot of trouble with my sciatic nerve and apparently it is back....with a vengeance. I have tried heating pad, Tylenol, and being off my feet and nothing works. A girl I worked with mentioned stretching.....I told her you can't stretch a nerve out.....but....anyway.


Also, we have finalized our naming process, most people already know the first name, but we could not 100% decide on the middle name but now we have.........................

Avie Laura Dawkins
Now, I made the first name up, of course we had to stick with an A name, and quite frankly we are running out of options with all that we already have. I like Ava, but it seems it is being used a lot so I just altered it a little. The middle name is my Granny's name. Her name was Laura Mildred and she went by Mildred, guess it was cool in the 1920's......
Now if Bev, my Mom, and Linda, my Aunt are reading this pull yourselves together!! Or if my cousins wife Laura is reading this, skip the before paragraph and think the name is after you...:)
I guess I better go to work now......

8 comments:

tleaf10 said...

I like the name - hope your leg gets to feeling better and glad your water got fixed. I've heard that naps can cure anything so when your leg gets to bothering you - just go and take a nap, per Dr. Terri's orders.

sara jackson said...

I love the name. It is so elegant! I have heard that the stretching helps although it doesn't make a lot of sense to stretch a nerve. Thanks for sharing the history of her name.

Anonymous said...

I really like the Avie's name. You know Laurie is going to think she is kind of named after her too! Anyway, sorry about the pain...I guess walking at night isn't going to help, huh?

l said...

Does anyone else remember when we actually had to call Laurie by Laura? Those were back in the Westbrook days.

Anonymous said...

CUTE NAME!

Patience

Lindsey Eason said...

You probably hear this a lot but you are so funny! Love the name! And sorry to hear that you're hurting...I have a friend in Jax who had the nerve problem with each pregnancy (she has 5 kids)...can you imagine?!...not only that she has 5 kids but that she had to deal with that kind of pain with each pregnancy! Ugh!

The Holtons said...

Love the name! Sounds so cute but yet like princess, too! Take care of yourself-don't let those nerves get too bad---your leg or Donald's! Remember; you are with child-that is an excuse for whatever you want to say! I remember Laurie trying to be Laura-didn't work, but she will still think she is named for her!

Anonymous said...

FYI--we love her name and are praying all reports on Monday will be normal. My mother, Laura Mildred was named for her dad's mother Laura Cordelia Shipp Simpson, born March 25, 1859 died Sep. 17, 1935. Her husband, Matthew Simpson (Feb 10, 1842-April 21, 1921) was an elder and preacher in the church in Illinois. They had 7 children: Elizabeth, Albert, Martha, Rhoda, Margaret, Carl and my grandfather James William