Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Packing on the POUND

So we took the feather weight to the Dr this afternoon, she gained a whopping pound, exactly. She weighed 11 lbs 9 ounces. Dr Megow was pleased since she went from 3% to 4% on the growth chart, now I know that does not seem like much but at least she is going up.



We were told that CHOA would call so we could pre register about 8 weeks before surgery, is that right Shannon?? If so I might need to call them since we have not heard. We would like to know what time we need to be there the day before for the pre op appointment. One of my dear old friends lives in Roswell, about 1o miles from the hospital, so we are planning on staying with her on Sunday and Monday nights.

9 comments:

MJN6 said...

So glad she is gaining and hope the surgery goes well. Let us know when. Mrs. Mary Jo

Bev said...

Hey little chunky monkey, the day will come when you will not want to gain a pound in a month. We were happy to hear of the weight gain and pray the surgery will go well. We love you & Meemae XO Papa&Bev

Anonymous said...

Yea Avie! Glad you had a good appt today.

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

http://choa.org/default.aspx?id=11


You should see the link for preregistration. They told us that they would call 4-6 weeks before surgery and it ended up being the week of. When they called it was just a recording telling us to fill the paperwork out on-line.

3 surgeries later at CHOA, we feel like pros...let me know if you need anything.

Have you looked into the Ronald McDonald House?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Prayers are still going your way. God Bless
Connie

Allison said...

Hooray for that pound, Avie! You need to be nice and big for surgery time. Looks like you're getting there!

Allison said...

Thanks for the comment about my hair. I don't know if it's technically "stacked" in the back because I wear it pretty close to my head, but it is inverted and layered down. I don't know if that really makes sense, but I tried! : )

Heather said...

Yay, I'm glad her weight's going up! She certainly doesn't look that tiny to me, but I guess pictures could be deceiving.

The Lee Family 4 said...

Your girls are so cute. I am so glad that Avie is doing so great. I really enjoy reading your blog.