Saturday, November 01, 2008

Trunk or Treat and a bunch of other stuff.....

This was our hospital room view, it is the helicopter landing pad. On Wednesday they had 2 come back to back, we could see them unloading the kids off. It was very sad.

She finally would sleep in the metal cage on Wednesday.

Avie is doing good, she did not sleep well on Thursday night but did a little better last night. She finally had a dirty diaper which I think made her feel better as well. When they cut the sides of the top of her mouth they packed it, Dr W said as it heals and grows back it will come out and it already is. She has her follow up on Nov 20th. I asked the Dr after that would we have any more appointments, he said every 6 months for years, yes plural. I guess, not sure why, I did not realize this. He said after a few years it may get to once a year.

Last night was the Trunk or Treat at Church. We had a good time and a good turnout.
Anna the Pirate.
Amelia, Jenna and Seth.

Amelia was a butterfly, at this point of the night she still had her wings. It is amazing how skinny she looked in black tights and black leotard...

Anna and Avie (bumblebee).



Avie is staring Abby down.


Anna likes the bebe....a lot!! She was so excited to see her.

Brooke, Brittni (not sure which...), Jenna and Amelia.
Anna and Anrey (that is still the best I can get on my name.)

6 comments:

The Holtons said...

So glad you are home and that Avie was able to get out and around last night. Hope she starts sleeping better. Those every 6 mo. app't are a hassle but I have found that even though I thought I was not worrying about that "thing"-whatever the app't was for-I always feel better knowing everything is still going like "normal"! Love ya-

Bev said...

There were many prayers answered this past wek when Avie had surgery. She looks great and acts like everything is fine. I tried to get a look in her mouth this morning when she opened it, just looked like a lot of stitch ends in the roof. Thanks for you and Donald planning last night, I think I counted around 125, it was the perfect weather night for Trunk-R-Treat II. You did a good job! We sure have the CUTEST granddaughters, don't know where Amelia gets her "Betty Spaghetty" figure, wasn't me but lucky her! Glad surgery is behind Avie, XO Papa&Bev

Anonymous said...

the girls look cute...we almost came by on our way to our party then we saw you on 41 heading to church.

Heather said...

Looks like the little bumble bee is doing just fine!! I hate seeing the metal cage pictures. : ( Makes me so sad... reminds me of the doctors wheeling Aidan down in his. Ugh. But Avie's so lucky she had hers done so soon. It probably won't slow her down too much!

Amelia DOES look skinny, all in black. But so cute!!

Sassy's Dresses and More said...

Audrey I am so glad that you all are home. I remember hearing them outside of Lacey's room and wondering what was going on with another child. All you can do is pray for that other child. We were on the 4th floor Alfac cancer floor for Lacey's bone marrow transplant at Elgeston Children's Hopsital. Hope to see ya soon. Work is not the same............

Lindsey Eason said...

Awww...Avie looks so tiny in that crib! I hope she's feeling much better by now - keep us updated on how she's recovering! And both the girls look adorable in their outfits!