Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1 year ago

If I knew how to link to my post on 9/23/07 I would....but I don't so you can click under archives yourself. Anyway 1 year ago Amelia had the stomach bug....guess what she had today....hopefully it will not play out like it did last year and strike me and Donald as well. She woke me up at about 3am in serious pain, her stomach, so I went and laid in her bed and watched a movie, she tossed and turned and cried, and kept asking me to make her stomach stopped hurting. I asked all the standard stomach ache questions:

1. Do you need to go to the bathroom, I knew she did not b/c she had gone right before supper on Monday.
2. Do you think you are going to throw up, she said NO.

So we must have fallen asleep, b/c at 5:30 Donald calls my name b/c she has gone back to our room to throw up on our bed....how sweet.

She feels 100% now, same as last year lasted 1 day...for each of us.

6 comments:

Bev said...

My poor little Meemae Dawkins,I am sorry you were sick but I know you enjoyed POP making you breakfast. Hope you are feeling better, we love you Papa&Bev

Summer said...

That is weird, that is happened on the same day. Hopefully yall won't get it.

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

hope everyone else stays healthy. It is not fun at all to have sick kiddos and then to be sick yourself on top of it really sucks.

Stay healthy!!!!

LaurieR said...

How in the world did you even remember that it was exactly a year ago. I can't remember anything about one week ago??? Glad she's feeeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys stay well. Glad Amelia is better :)

Heather said...

Oh, I'm not looking forward to Aidan being sick. To watch them in pain and knowing there's really nothing you can do! : ( Weird that it happened a year ago to the day - what kind of sick anniversary is that?? I guess there's always next year! Go for three in a row! Glad she's feeling better... hopefully you won't get it this time!