Monday, November 10, 2008

did they forget to tell us that....

Last night at Church when Abs was holding Avie, after Paige and Anna had their turn jostling her around, she spit up...shocker. A little bit came out her nose, which kinda freaked me out. It happened in the hospital, but they said until the pallet was not has hard it may happen. My theory was milk could get through those stitches. Anyway....her stitches are all but gone so in all my medical training it should not have happened....so I called the Dr today.

A very nice bubbly nurse called me back, I explained what happened and she said, and I quote "that is very normal, it probably came out the little hole that was left to allow for swelling" no she kept talking, not sure what she said, so I said "STOP, what little hole are you talking about" she said "did no one tell you about the little hole" I said "no, I do not know anything about a little hole, will she always have the hole, what about........................."she interrupted and said it will close on its own. She said the "force" from the spit up probably forced some out the "LITTLE HOLE".

Now, I would think that mentioning that would have saved me from almost hyperventilating, my thoughts were going ramped in that 2.5 seconds. I mean now it makes perfect sense, but if one of the times I was prying her mouth open with a flashlight to "check" on things I would have seen that "little hole" I may have very well have had a nervous breakdown.

Any other cleft moms know about this......

On another note..........

Lori-
Amelia prayed for you at supper the other night, we had told her you were finding out what the baby was and she said "please help Lori figure out what her baby is". We need to make sure you and Kev hear one of her LONG prayers this weekend!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so weird that they didn't just mention it...