Thursday, November 13, 2008

Extreme Makeover.....

First a pic of Avie, she is doing good!! Now to Amelia.....she got her glasses today. She looks so cute doesn't she??

Also tonight was the BIG haircut. We have been growing her hair out for over a year for locks of love. So we went to Theresa's for the cut.
Here she is in the chair with her long hair, in a very tangly state.

Mrs. Theresa measured it out to make sure it was long enough.
Then the cut, it made me kinda sad. I had a very emotional attachment to it. I knew once it was cut any look she had of my little girl would be gone, I knew she would not look the same.
After the cut, I had gathered myself up at this point.
then Mrs. Theresa washed it in her special sink.
How cute is she!!!!!! She does not even look the same.
Here she is holding her ponytail to send in.

14 comments:

l said...

We LOVE the new look, Mee-Mee! From Anna, "My word!"

Jill said...

She is very cute with her new look!! My what cute specs...we did not have any that cute to choose from!!!

Bev said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! The photo of her holding her hair is across from the one on the side when she turned 5, big difference but still the same sweet MeeMae. Avie really looks like she is feeling better, halejeulah! XO

Patience Lawson said...

She is SUPER CUTE!!!!!!

tleaf10 said...

I LOVE the new haircut and am proud of Amelia for donating to such a good cause! Her glasses look a little bit like mine so of course, I love them too :) Can't wait to see ya'll at Christmas!

scrappinstephanie said...

I think it is WONDERFUL that Amelia did this! Wow! It brings tears to my eyes. One of my best friends, Kristen, died of Leukemia two years ago and one thing that she loved was her wigs. They made her feel better. Thanks Amelia! Good job! The Daughtrey's

Krissy said...

Love her glasses and her hair looks super cute too! What a great thing for her to do and something you can always remind her of when she gets older!!!!

Allison said...

Wow! What a cutie! LOVE the glasses, welcome to the club!

Amelia, you did such an amazing act of kindness for a wonderful cause. I am proud of you!

Summer said...

She's getting so grown up! I'm thinking about growing mine out again for locks for love. That is such a great cause, way to go Amelia!

Louise said...

I was wondering what the big announcement with Amelia would be!!! I love the hair cut and the cause!! :) And the glasses just make the whole look!! She is adorable!!

Kristin said...

I love Amelia's new hair cut and glasses! She's too cute....and all grown up now!

Rosemary said...

We just got back in town, and I am looking forward to going to school tomorrow and see
Amelia's "new look" in person. She is so grown-up. However, nothing can change her wonderful mysterious smile. When I read to her class, I love to glance at Amelia and see that head tilted to one side and the sweet smile. What is she thinking?! She is a charmer.

Leigh said...

She is soo soo cute!!! I mean her hair is precious!! And Avie looks soo soo good! =) Love ya'll and want to visit you soon!

LaurieR said...

Oh my goodness!! Are you kidding me?? She looks like a different kid!