Monday, October 07, 2013

Marine Corps 1/2 Marathon

Saturday I ran the Marine Corps 1/2 in Jacksonville.  I won a free entry from 1st PlaceSports .  Since Jacksonville is an easy 1.5 hour drive we got up Saturday morning around 3 and left about 4 and drove down.  Amelia decided to go with us:)

The pickup line took like 5 seconds and they had real bathrooms!!!  We sat a few minutes and waited to line up.

 This was sometime after it started.
 It was right along the river so Donald and Amelia had plenty to walk around and see.  There was also a Dunkin Donut Booth so they were pumped about that!!

 She is just making the time pass.
 IT WAS HOT!!!!  They only had water stops about every 2 miles with luke warm water and gatorade......I was glad to finish.  My goal, because of my stellar training was to finish under 2:30.....and I did....2:28.43!!



3 comments:

Wendy Annabeth said...

Congrats!! I love your pics :)

Suz and Allan said...

Congratulations on hitting your goal!

From Ice Cream to Marathon said...

Awesome job!! And getting a free entry is even better!