Monday, April 07, 2008

Doc Visit




Went to the Doc today, my fluid level is still up, so I asked is there something to do, and he said we are already doing every possible test we can so we will just watch and then when she is born we will have to check her esophagus and stomach. INSERT PANIC!!!! At this I said well you know we had the issue already with the stomach he said yes, he said I could send you back to Macon but they have seen the stomach and we have seen the stomach and so there is nothing right now to do......but wait.

I go back Thursday for just a NST. Oh and it is ALWAYS fun to be examined at 34 weeks!!!


Following are some other observations from the doctors office(I do spend a lot of time there so...):

*Children who are at speaking age should be left at home, today there were 2 women there for their annuals, b/c they said it, with toddlers. Please someone tell me what did they do with them in the examining room, and they were kinda bratty.
*Pregnancy pants, I should NOT be able to see the expandable waste line because you are wearing a tank top that would fit Amelia.....
*It is not the place I want to hear about your recent surgery or anything else, not that I do not care, but I don't.
*Don' ask me questions either if I wanted to talk to you about morning sickness, how long you have been waiting or anything else I would offer this info up.

And last but certainly not least.....

*Just because you see someone you know does NOT mean you have to speak....from across the room. If you are close it may be ok, if not just let it go.

I am sure people will not agree with some of this, but being that I go as much as I do, I have deemed myself an expert.......

4 comments:

The Holtons said...

Stay off your feet as much as possible and DON'T let me catch you in one of Amelia's tank tops!:)

Anonymous said...

oh that is so what I am wearing to dasher next time!
so, if the fluid levels are still up next visit will they take you in earlier than your c-section date?
I am agree with the observations...I will have to make some of my own next time I go.

Louise said...

This is hilarious Audrey!! And, I don't really want to talk to anybody when I am sitting in the doctor's office dreading the upcoming exam....just me though!! :)

sara jackson said...

I will tell you what they do with their kids. They try their hardest to keep them from breaking everything in the room. Which is very difficult!! Mine always loved pulling out the leg rests and asking what everything was in the room. Finally, one time my midwife had to tell the kids to sit down and be quiet because they were not listening to me. I agree with the doctor's office not being appropriate for kids. Loved your observations!! Praying for you and baby Avie!!