Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend and Dr Visit

On Saturday we went to Melissa's parents house for a BBQ. They had set up a tarp for the kids to slide down, here is Amelia deciding what to do. Kayden and Amelia waiting to slide.



Today Amelia had to go for her 5 year old check up. I had called last week to see if she was getting shots, and she was not so I thought it would go well. I WAS WRONG!!!!! She acted crazy, it started when they needed a urine sample, easy enough pee in a cup, you would have thought I was killing her in the bathroom, and then I was laughing so hard I could barely make her do it. She kept screaming, I dont wanna pee in that little cup. Anyway after that we moved on to the scales, she weighed a whopping 35 pounds. She had to have her hearing and vision test for school, which I remembered doing when I was little........the vision went fine, the hearing she FREAKED out!!! Kristie, the nurse, put the headphones on and gave her the button and she started screaming I dont wanna push that button. Needless to say she was marked uncooperative on her vision test. Then to top it off they had to check her hemoglobin by pricking her finger, which to Amelia was cutting her arm off with a dull knife. Mind you the entire time I cannot help but laugh and I have Avie. She also had a meltdown b/c she forgot her Dr was a girl and she thought she was a boy and she panicked.....
I did weigh Avie and she weighed a whopping 11 pounds w/her clothes on. She goes on the 26th for her appt and 5 shots.


4 comments:

l said...

Amelia,

All I have to do is eat three more hot dogs and I will wigh as much as you!

Anna

Anonymous said...

I know how those dr appts go :) Let's hope next year goes a little better!

The Holtons said...

Sorry the Dr. visit was so disturbing!!! I always hated going to the Dr., too, Amelia!

Anonymous said...

oh I do not look forward to the next visit. kayden hates the dr. as it is.