Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Yellow and In response......

Amelia's class has a discipline chart. Everyone starts on green then they can move to other colors with not so good behavior (yellow then red then as Amelia puts it in her scary trouble voice blue). So like on the 3rd day of school Amelia had to move to yellow b/c she turned the lights on and off in the girls bathroom and made all the girls scream. She said "I knew they were scared but I kept on doing it". Now while Donald and I thought this was hilarious we told her not to do that anymore. What is really funny about this, is that following weekend I saw Sara N, who had subbed and she said on Thursday(day after the moving to yellow) she heard screaming from the girls bathroom, so she went in there and said Girls you need to be quiet. As she was walking out she heard Amelia saw "Who Was that?"

anyway, so last night we were walking out the door to go to the Church and Amelia said I got moved to yellow. So I asked her what she did, as I am walking to her bookbag to look at what Mrs. Stacie wrote. She said, as fast as she could, that she was talking when it was quiet time. Well on her chart it said naptime misbehavior. So I asked her what that meant, this is her story:

It was time to get on her mat and Jenna (little girl in Amelias class, apparently her and Amelia for weeks have been planning when Amelia spends the night. I have tried to explain that Jenna's Mom has to invite her...)so she was at Jenna's mat and they were talking about the plan and Mrs Stacie told Amelia to get on her mat so she walked over to her mat, but then she said she had to ask Jenna one more thing.....if she had hot chocolate for the slumber party:)

I am flattered by being so popular, or as Donald put it after I read him the post and comments unpopular regarding my Hot Topic (thanks Ginny) issue. A couple of points:

1.) Laurie, I love you too, call me anytime at work and be nice, I would call you but I think it might be against the law.....and my standard question, when are you coming for a visit?

2.) To those that know me all to well (Nikki and Melissa) you got my point. And thanks for calling me and cracking me up a little bit more. I mean what better thing to do at work than socialize, I usually am just doing that with people in my office.

3.) Congrats to Nikki on I think the longest comment in blog history. ps-sending the water with Donald where it will end up.....who knows.

4.) Another one that knows me way to well, Cheryl. I agree about doing them justice by not being around them all day. If you would have spelled justice, justiss it would have been so cute!!

5.) I agree with you Terri that working aunts make for 100% smarter aunts. I mean look at Abby, Kayden and if Anna would stop eating crayons and markers.....

6.) You are right Tiffany we are not praised for it, so here today I salute the working Moms who are sacrificing time away from their children (whether they want to be or not) to do what they have to do for their family, whatever the reasons are.

7.) Technically Bev you have you have only been a Mom 31 years, 11 months and 9 days but you did always like to round up on the ages.....and you are right about opinions.

8.) You Jennifer took it the way it was intended from the "other side of the aisle". I am thankful for the stay at home moms who take an active role in the school (Nikki). They create, plan and get ready things for MY child that honestly if were left up to me probably would not get done, or not get done near as well.

9.) and last but not least Sara. It is probably my fault you do not know me well enough to know how I am. I am the kind of person who reads, reacts and then goes on with life none the better/worse because of it. My feelings are rarely hurt b/c things roll down my back usually with a good laugh. Which ask the people I work with drives some of them nuts. I know I have a way of getting under people's skin, but again just who I am. Not to be trivial but I said I do not begrudge stay at home moms, just the ones who think they or their kids are better b/c of it. About saying these before and it makes you wonder, I am a little clueless here so fill me in. My dream job in life is to be paid to do whatever I want, come in when I want do as much/little as I want, I have asked Butch and Trey to suspend me with pay, but they refuse. And yes I can look at Amelia and Avie and know no matter what happens in the future I have enough satisfaction in seeing their smiles to surpass any decision that I ever have to make in the future whatever it may be.

I have to work it is not a choice, I have to have insurance b/c of my diabetes, again not a choice. I work so Donald can teach at GCS and Amelia can go there and frankly before Donald and I ever even started trying to have Amelia he knew I would work.

I told Donald last night I think I would become the Michael Moore of the blog world. It is nice to have a good discussion about an issue we all have an opinion on. So I think I will wait on socialized medicine, sorry Laurie I'll email you, and next discuss who I plan on voting for and why, and keep the comments coming. Remember it is my blog, my opinion, my pictures, my kids, my thoughts, my ideas, and my memories. If you do not like it then don't read it. I assure you my thoughts, opinions, pictures, ideas and memories are not worth getting upset/angry over. I had some of the wittiest responses, but decided against those...trying to keep the peace.

Have a good day!!

9 comments:

tleaf10 said...

I'm sure crayons are high-calorie foods. Maybe Anna is smarter than all of us and is just fattening up for the winter.

Athen Bradford said...

Well how about Jett got a SIDEWAYS yellow!!! ((and I think it may have had something to do with a little girl in his class and a bathroom... hmmm???))

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

I used the color cards in my classroom too! I love how honest she is with you concerning her behavior. Kids are smart. A lot smarter than adults give them credit for sometimes. Having hot chocolate can be a make-or-break-it slumber party (not sure if that always applies in south GA or not though).

Your post on Monday (and the responses) was quite heated. I am now staying home, after working for the past 3 years, and I am not sure if it is any better. I was a much happier person when I was working, which in turn made me a happier mom. I am slowly getting used to staying home, but I completely agree with you it WILL NOT make my kids any smarter, etc. It does though, make my laundry room happier, the kitchen cleaner, and dinner more on time. All the things that DON'T count in the long run.

I commend you for writing what you were feeling. I am sorry some people took it way overboard. I can't believe someone would make you feel that way, but I know there are people out there.

One last thing...how is the weight gain thing going. Any update?

LaurieR said...

OK, I have had to wait overnight to write this comment and here it goes.
FIRST OF ALL, GREAT POINT that it is your freakin blog and really a place for you to share your memories and I'm pretty sure that no one's stinkin computer directs them there as soon as they turn the it on and forces them to read. I do work (three jobs in fact) so I don't have time to sit down and read, analyze, and criticize everyones blogs and their lives and if I did I would take it as a sign that I need a FORTH job!
Second, I want to publicly tell you that I think you are an awesome mother and Amelia and Avie are two of the happiest kids I know. I know that they will and Donald does appreciate all the sacrifices you have made for your family. And, as someone who's own mother had to make sacrifices so that my dad could teach and coach at Ga Christian and we could attend there, I thank you.
Lastly, WHY has no one made the point that you are not dropping your kids off at some STRANGE (haha :) house with some prostitute teaching them all she knows!! They stay with their GRANDPARENTS, for the love!

I love you, all of your friends love you, Donald loves you, and most inportant, your kids love you. You keep doing what is best for your family and please keep updating us on your blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

To the anonymous coward that is to ashamed to post their name with their STUPID comment....get a life!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I along with Sara am a stay at home and I fully support everything that Sara has said. I think Sara did a great job with her previous comment, but I also think it was sugar coated too well. Why is it that the author of this blog always has to put down other people, their decisions and opinions in order to make herself look better?

LaurieR said...

Audrey, I just wanted to tell you again that i love you and am so proud of the mother and person that you are. I will not respond to nasty comments that have been made about you but I hope you don't let them bother you. I'm proud of you! And, on a completely different subject, here is a comment that the So Carolina chair just made about Palin..... " whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.” .....i'll bet the press has a field day with that!
I hope that you are having a GREAT DAY!!!!

Athen Bradford said...

Really? Are people really so petty to put of this stuff on here? Hmmm, I thought we were all grown. I mean if you are "grown" enough to have children then honestly you should be grown enough to keep your comments pleasant and uplifting... Just a though.
If you stay at home with your kids, good for you. If you work, good for you. If you don't have any kids, good for you. If you have 18 and counting... good for you. Honestly people, is all that nastiness necessary?

tleaf10 said...

I love you Audrey, oh yes I do, I love you Audrey, and I'll be true. When you're not with me, I'm blue, Oh Audrey, I love you. Does this make up for it? :)
I wish I could be there for the shower. Give Melissa's tummy an extra rub for me:)