Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pigtails, Dr and corn on the cob

Avie's hair, in the back is long enough for pigtails, isn't she so cute!!

yes I know the part is not straight but trying this with her was very difficult!!




We had Sundae Sunday at Church, this is her after Papa fed her 2 bowls of ice cream.

I went to the foot Dr today. It is not a heel spur, my arch in my left foot has dropped. He said probably from the running I have been doing. Rather than force me to wear old lady shoes.....he is trying an experiment, he used quite a bit of tape, glue, special padding and rubber cement to wrap my foot. I will have to wear for one week. He said go back to what I was doing before and we will see if this helps. I also have to wear shoes at all times, except in bed. He said absolutely NO flip flops, he said in his office that is a dirty word......I wear flip flops ALL the time......but if this will make the terrible pain go away and keep me out of old lady shoes then I am all for it.
and tonight we had corn on the cob, after Avie had eaten: jar of baby food, lots of cheerios, quite a bit of watermelon, 1cup of mac and cheese and STILL was begging we gave her some corn on the cob. SHE LOVED IT!!!! She sat quiet and chewed/gnawed on it for about 30 minutes. I seriously think she got every single kernel off.

of course Amelia loved it too!!

Avie goes to the ENT on Thursday.

9 comments:

l said...

Can I have all your flip flops?

Lindsay and Willis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay and Willis said...

I had a similar apparatus attached to my foot once too... that no-sandals rule really is no fun... been there too! It gets better... but my real comment is that I stinkin' LOVE those adorable little piggy-tails... L-O-V-E THEM!!! ha!

Anonymous said...

aww, no old lady shoes...I was coming by to check our your new ones this week! hope your foot gets better though.

Louise said...

I love all the pictures!!! And hope your foot gets to feeling better!!

Jill said...

Been there, done that!! Not fun! Mine are better! Cute girls!

Krissy said...

OH! I love the piggies :o) And that is funny about the corn...I can't wait for fresh sweet corn!

Bev said...

Those little girls are doll babies. Avie eats from the time she gets here until she leaves. If I'm in the kitchen she knows it MUST have something to do with food! I love my SAS shoes and orthodics. I think this foot stuff is heredity, don't you? The Dr Scholl shoe inserts @ Walmart are generic, mine were made from casts of the my feet. Most days the pain is minimal but on those days I go barefoot in the house...I pay dearly. Dr. Pitts said to take anti inflammatory and NO flipflops. He told me those and slides and high heels wil keep him in business. Welcome to the start of middle age...

LaurieR said...

YES! She is cute, they both are! Hope all goes well at the ENT! Can't wait to see ya'll next week!

P.S. WHAT IN THE WORLD, BEV?!?!? MIDDLE AGE??? That's a little exteme wording I think!