Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4 years old

As I sit here and listen to a bear  Avie snoring, I can not believe she is 4 years old!! I read back of the days after she was born, of how happy and then how worried we were about the cleft and her heart.  I read about the day when they said the hole in the ventricle had closed itself.  I read about going to Atlanta, the feedings, the constant worry she would strangle herself and how we made her sleep in our room elevated b/c we were worried.  Long after her cleft surgery was over I realized that I wish I had known how smooth and easy it would go and how we would be fine with the special bottles and dealing with her recovery.  She was such an easy going baby....and then after surgery she went STARK RAVING WILD!!!!



She was so excited last night when we picked up her pink and purple cupcakes for school today.  She was just as excited about the paper plates:) 

2 comments:

Louise said...

Happy birthday Sweet Avie!!!! You ARE sweet....and CRAZY!!! And no one would have it any other way!! :)
Love y'all!!

Jill said...

Happy 4th to Avie!!! She is tooooo cute!!!