Monday, June 10, 2013

One week (almost) vegan....check

I survived my first week of being vegan....I did have a small amount of cheese on Saturday and am still having a small amount coffee creamer.  My blood sugars have been almost perfect the entire time, which in turn does make me feel better and have more energy.  Since my scale at home has been terrorized by my children I will weigh once I get to work.

I thought the hardest part would be having enough food to eat, that has been no problem,  I bought lots of fruit and veggies and have been good to go.  The biggest problem has been other people......let me say I am not trying to get anyone else to do this it is MY choice.  I read a book that brought up a lot of valid points, and I can tie alot of bad food choices to bad blood sugars so I thought I would try it.  People have given me their opinion...every.single.day.  What they thought was good...and I look at these people and honestly some of them I WANT TO SMACK.  It is generally the same people who are eating something fried loaded with oil and cheese.... Will I do this for the rest of my life, I absolutely will try my hardest.

No a pic of my favorite girls, who are LOVING summer....Avie slept until 11 the other day....Amelia told me her goal this week was to sleep until 12.


0 comments: